- Originally founded as Car-Val Industries
- Served as the vocational training center for residents of Belchertown State School
- Began with a mission to assist residents in getting real work in businesses in the community
- Our programs help more than 1,600 people per year with physical and mental disabilities or who are disadvantaged by poverty or homelessness
- We provide a unique and holistic approach to skill building, job readiness training, placement and support to our members.
- Each year HRU works with over 148 area employers providing them with a skilled, reliable workforce while simultaneously creating employment opportunities for its program members who use and develop their skills, earn wages and contribute to the community as proud members of the workforce.
- HRU has offices and programs in Springfield, Westfield, Northampton, Holyoke, Pittsfield, Southbridge, Massachusetts and in Hartford, Connecticut.